In the operations of a hospital pharmacy, efficiency and accuracy are crucial to ensure the proper and efficient dispensing of medications. In this article, we will discuss the pharmacy information system in hospitals that focuses on efficiency and accuracy, with the following features:
- Dispensing: The dispensing of medications for prescriptions, including prescription printing and labeling, can be done quickly and efficiently. This system speeds up the process of medication retrieval by patients.
- Allocation and Issuance Control: The process of medication allocation and dispensing can be carried out with established standards for better monitoring. This ensures accurate medication dispensing and well-maintained warehouse stock data.
- Compound and Non-Compound Drug Prescriptions: Pharmacy staff can easily differentiate and process compound and non-compound prescriptions. This facilitates the handling of different types of prescriptions.
- Compound Medication Master: This system allows doctors to input preconfigured formulas for compound medications, facilitating the prescription process. This saves time for doctors in providing services.
- Pharmacy Labels: This system assists users in printing medication labels that include usage instructions and expiration dates. This ensures clear and easily understood medication information.
- BPJS/Non-BPJS Prescriptions: BPJS and non-BPJS prescriptions can be categorized in this system for separate reporting and more efficient processing, preventing input errors in prescribing process.
- Advanced Search Filters: Prescription searches are made easier with various searching parameters provided in this system. This feature helps in finding prescriptions more quickly and efficiently.
- Allergies and Important Notes: Allergy information and important patient notes that need attention will be displayed conspicuously. This helps pharmacy staff provide appropriate care based on patient needs.
- Prescription Review: This process ensures that the prescription is dispensed to the right patient, without any potential allergic reactions or drug interaction. It helps minimize errors and improve patient safety, keeping adverse events from occurring.
- Queue Numbers: This system facilitates the management of patient queues in the pharmacy installation. Pharmacy staff can do orderly management based on the queue numbers and the patients can easily track the progress of the dispensing of their medicines.
- Prescription Copying: This feature helps pharmacy personnel easily and quickly copy prescriptions. This is useful in prescription iteration or refill, or when the prescription is partially dispensed.
- Prescription Iteration: This system allows pharmacies to create and monitor iterated prescriptions. This facilitates the dispensing of medications that need to be dispensed repeatedly.
- Void Prescription: Pharmacy personnel can use this feature to void or cancel prescriptions when necessary. This helps rectify errors or situations where medication dispensing is not required.
- Prescription Revision: This feature allows pharmacy personnel to revise prescriptions in case of errors or necessary changes. This helps ensure accuracy in medication prescription information and patient safety.
- Prescription Printout: This system enables the printing of prescriptions that include patient information and prescription details. This facilitates the provision of physical prescriptions that can be used as a mean of communication among health personnels.
- Integration with Medical Records: All prescriptions and inpatient medications data will be incorporated into the patient’s electronic medical record. This ensures data consistency and facilitates access to treatment-related information.
- Integration with Billing: Pharmacy staff can determine the quantity of medicines to be processed, and the information will be integrated with the patient billing system. These speeds up billing processes and improves the accuracy of cost calculations.
- Integration with Tariff Management: The medicines prices will be automatically displayed according to what have been defined in tariff management feature, depending on the patient type and treatment class. This helps ensure billing accuracy for each patient group.
In conclusion, a pharmacy information system in hospitals has essential features that improve efficiency, accuracy, and compliance in medicines dispensing. With features such as fast dispensing, standardized medication allocation, accurate medication dispensing, and integration with medical records and billing, this system helps enhance the quality of pharmacy services and patient satisfaction in hospitals.
Ksatria Medical Systems (KMS) includes Pharmacy features designed to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of hospital pharmacy processes.
To learn more about KMS, we offer free product demo sessions. Please select a demo schedule that suits your availability by visiting this page. If you have further questions about our features, please contact our WhatsApp number at +62-821-4520-5712 or send us an email at email@example.com.